Follow me! Pretty Please?

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Queen of the Universe!


Good morning, faithful readers!  Do you know what today is?  Awwww, yeah, it’s my BIRTHDAY, BITCHES!  My birthday is the one day a year I get to be completely self-indulgent and be Queen of the Universe.  Unfortunately, this year, I am working.  Aaaalll day long.  Then again, every time I try to plan something special to do on my birthday, something goes really wrong…

For my 23rd birthday, my friends in Pittsburgh tried to throw me a huge surprise birthday party.  Three people showed and it was awkward city.  It ended ok, at Denny’s with ice cream sundaes (although, the nuts were stale).

For my 30th birthday, I decided I wanted to spend the day riding roller coasters.  I went to Six Flags in Mass.  Of course, it was after I got held up at the DMV to renew my license, and arrived just as a storm was headed my way.  I got on one roller coaster, ate lunch, and then the sky turned black, and we were flooded.  I left, got lost on the way to my hotel, and finally wound up in a nice hotel room, eating delicious room service, drinking champagne and soaking in a bubble bath.

Right before the rain came

My 32nd birthday was awesome, though.  I went to Boston, and had beautiful weather, a gorgeous B&B, and no hitches.  Except for that weird couple that tried to pick me up at Cheers.  If they had been a little less sketch, I probably would have gone for it.  But, I like all my internal organs, and being STD-Free.

The Bertram Inn, where I stayed.  Beautiful place, delightful people.

Last year, I wanted to do Six Flags again, but there was talk of rain, so I planned a big lunch at Luca’s in Keene with my friends.  We went from a party of nine to about 5, the table was kind of awkward, but hey, the food was awesome.  Did I mention there was a massive downpour that day, too?

Also, made my own birthday cake.  It looks hideous, but tasted delicious!

So, this year I did not plan anything big and spectacular, I figured I’d be working.  But you bet your butt I’ll mention it at every chance I get.  See, 364 days out of the year, I totally know the world does not revolve around me.  I am nothing special.  But my birthday is the only day where I am ok with making it all about me.  34 years ago, I came into this world, and while I am still trying to find my place in it, I am going to celebrate my arrival to the hilt. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSS!

Also, a big Birthday Shout-Out to the man who brought us “Buffy”, “Angel”, “Firefly”, and The Avengers.  Happy Birthday, Joss Whedon!  I love that I get to share the day with you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment