Follow me! Pretty Please?

Thursday, June 14, 2012

More


Yesterday, I found out that a very good friend of mine got accepted to grad school and was offered an assistantship.  This was someone who wasn’t sure if he wanted to go to grad school in the first place.  I am genuinely thrilled for him, and know that he will be amazing at his new school and job.  But it once again reminded me that I am stuck.  I had a few minutes of self-pity, and got ready to head out to see Men in Black 3.  Right before I left, though, I saw a small ray of light at the end of my no-hope tunnel.  I got an email from a college I had sent my resume to for an RD position.  It was basically a form letter, letting me know that they will begin calling to set up interviews, and if my resume passes muster, I should be expecting a call in the next two weeks, thanks for your interest, etc.  But it was something.  After weeks of sending out my resume with no response, this is a start.  I can only hope that this means there will be more to come in the not so distant future.

I miss being around college students.  The people I work with are ok, but I get the feeling only a couple have gone to college, and those that haven’t (other than the high schoolers) aren’t driven to do much else with their lives.  I don’t have anything against them, it’s just a relatability thing.  I know I went to college late, but even before I decided to do so, I wanted more for my life.  They don’t.  I miss being around driven, hard-working students who are looking to make their life more.  I miss being a mentor to said students.  I want to go back to striving for more. 

So, I keep on searching and sending out resumes, and pray for an interview, which would hopefully lead to a job.  Something’s coming soon, I can feel it in my gut.  I just don’t know what…

On an unrelated note, I hit some serious writer’s block, and am a little behind, but am planning on updating 365 ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment